League of Legends is a multiplayer online battle arena video game developed and published by Riot Games. It is a free-to-play MOBA game that pits a team of players against a team of players in a battle where they try to destroy the other team's Nexus.
The game has a large roster of playable characters, called champions, each with its own unique design and combat style. League of Legends is one of the most played games in the world, with 27 million daily players.
Dota 2 is a multiplayer online battle arena video game and it is the sequel to the Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion pack, The Frozen Throne. The game is played in two opposing teams, each consisting of five players.
In DOTA 2, players use powerful in-game units to fight against opposing units in an effort to destroy their opponents' "Ancient", a large structure at the heart of their base.
League of Legends and DOTA games have a lot of differences. Here are the main ones:
- League of Legends is a multiplayer online battle arena game with a medieval fantasy theme. Dota 2 is a multiplayer online battle arena game with an emphasis on strategy.
- In DOTA, there are 119 playable heroes. League of Legends only has 148 playable heroes.
- DOTA 2 has a free-to-play business model, while League of Legends requires payment.
- DOTA 2 has a variety of modes, including the default "Defense of the Ancients" mode and the "All Random All Mid" mode. League of Legends has only the "Summoner's Rift" mode.
- In League of Legends, there are no lane restrictions. In Dota, the player can only play in the designated lanes.
There are many differences between the League of Legends and Dota games, the most major one being the style of gameplay. The League of Legends is a MOBA game that is fast-paced and typically lasts 25-35 minutes. This game is played in, intense team battles and has a large variety of champions to choose from. The Dota is a 5 vs. 5 game and is slower-paced. It typically lasts 45-60 minutes and is played in a more strategic way.